Please drop your CV and a covering letter below, along with details of your current salary and notice period to by Friday 22nd October 2021.
About the role
We are recruiting for the role of a Reliability Manager within Angel Trains’ Fleet Team. This is an exciting new role reporting to the Head of Fleet.
The Reliability Manager will be responsible for Angel Trains’ strategy on influencing the reliability performance of its fleets. The role will define our approach to the measurement, analysis, improvement and presentation of the reliability data.
The role will provide a central focus on how we can help our customers. Guiding the Fleet Engineers and the wider Angel Trains team understanding of the factors that impact on the reliability of our assets, so that we can influence and add value to our customers
- Ownership of the strategy and approach for Angel Trains on how we as a business can support the Train Operators in improving performance.
- Define and implement the KPI’s Angel Trains should utilise to help improve performance that will add value for its customers
- Represent Angel Trains at industry forums on how the industry collectively manages and improves reliability
- Have a detailed knowledge of how performance is established and recorded. Understanding the systems used throughout the industry, the reporting measures (i.e. MTIN, MP701D etc..) and how delays are attributed throughout the industry
- Through the guiding, coaching and where necessary train the Fleet Engineers and the wider Angel Trains team understanding of the factors that impact on the reliability of our assets.
- Chair and co-ordinate Angel Trains internal performance meetings so that there is a consistent approach to managing and improving performance.
- Collate good practise in developing cost benefit analyses, to provide the tools that can be used throughout the business
- Working with Fleet and the wider Angel Trains team to ensure that data collection is automated
- Investigate how other industries manage performance so that good practises can be brought into the business
- Be the ambassador for Lean Process Improvement Techniques within the business
Qualifications & Experience
- An engineering degree or the equivalent to be demonstrated through relevant engineering experience.
- Ideally the applicant shall be a chartered member of the IMechE, IET, or similar professional body, or working towards this status.
Thank you for applying to Angel Trains!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.