Please drop your CV and a covering letter below, along with details of your current salary and notice period to by Friday 22nd October 2021.
About the role
We are recruiting for the role of Class 333 Fleet Engineer within Angel Trains’ Fleet Team to be predominantly based at Neville Hill depot where the fleet is currently maintained. This is a new role within the business, and an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to become the technical expert for the fleet and take ownership of all technical aspects, as well as building excellent relationships with both the operator, Northern Rail, and the maintenance provider, Siemens.
- Become the technical expert for the Class 333 fleet and take ownership of all technical aspects of the fleet.
- Build strong relationships with Northern and Siemens through on-site presence leading to effective collaboration.
- Gain a thorough understanding of fleet performance and drive improvements in conjunction with the operator and maintainer.
- Gain a thorough understanding of how the fleet is operated and maintained, including depot specifics, and seek to make improvements.
- Decision making based on consideration of the full lifecycle of fleet.
- Ensure that all changes to the assets are thoroughly reviewed as part of Angel Trains’ engineering change process.
- Ensuring all safety incidents are investigated appropriately.
Qualifications & Experience
- An engineering degree or the equivalent to be demonstrated through relevant engineering experience.
- Ideally the applicant shall be a chartered member of the IMechE, IET, or similar professional body, or working towards this status.
- Relevant railway industry experience.
Thank you for applying to Angel Trains!
Your application has been received and we will review it. If your application seems like a good fit for the position we will contact you.